JUNIOR ARTIST - FIREPROOF
- Job Type:
We’re looking for a graduate or junior artist to join Fireproof at their Guildford (UK) studio.
Fireproof Games are best known for the critically acclaimed game series The Room, with the most recent game in the series entering the realm of Virtual Reality. They will be building upon those VR foundations for their next game - an ambitious new title for both PC and console platforms.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a skilled artist looking to develop and hone their artistic skills at a small studio filled with veteran game developers eager to share their knowledge and help you grow.
What you'll gain
- How to approach a creative brief and ensure your artwork supports the artistic vision for the game.
- Refine your 3D artwork and texturing skills to work within game budgets and with an awareness and understanding of performance limitations.
- Gain deep knowledge in iterating artwork from blockout whitebox to first pass and through to final.
- Learn to work collaboratively with designers, artists, & coders to help your artwork shine.
What you'll need
- A fantastic portfolio demonstrating a good range of styles and subject matter.
- Excellent visual and verbal communication skills.
- Strong eye for quality and detail.
- Able to work well both alone & with others.
- Able to take constructive feedback to iterate & improve artwork.
- Experience of an industry standard 3D package; Maya, 3ds Max, or Blender for modelling, Substance Designer/Painter and Photoshop for texturing.
Fireproof Games is an equal opportunities employer hoping to attract applications from diverse backgrounds. Recruitment selection is based on objective, job-related criteria. Candidates will be chosen on their merits and abilities without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.