Senior Animator - Fireproof Games
- Job Type:
We’re looking for an experienced animator to build and run a small animation team in their Guildford (UK) studio. The projects will involve heavy use of motion capture to produce realistic performances so it’s essential candidates have experience acquiring and working with mo-cap.
Fireproof Games are best known for the critically acclaimed game series The Room, with the most recent game in the series entering the realm of Virtual Reality. They will be building upon those VR foundations for their next game - an ambitious new title for both PC and console platforms.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced animator with mo-cap experience to showcase and hone their craft at a small studio filled with veteran game developers eager to collaborate and share knowledge.
- Collaborate with programmers, artists and designers to contribute to the implementation of animations in the game.
- Create high-quality animation based on motion-captured performances and keyframe techniques.
- Clearly communicate progress, updates and identify potential roadblocks throughout the project.
- Build and manage a small animation team.
- Be highly self-motivated and proactive with your time.
Skills and Requirements
- A minimum of 3 commercially released titles.
- Extensive experience animating in Maya.
- A good working knowledge of Unity, game development workflows, processes and tools.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience shooting and working with motion capture.
- Ability to communicate in English, both verbally and written.
Fireproof Games is an equal opportunities employer hoping to attract applications from diverse backgrounds. Recruitment selection is based on objective, job-related criteria. Candidates will be chosen on their merits and abilities without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.