Technical designer - Fireproof Games
- Job Type:
We’re looking for a designer to join Fireproof at their Guildford (UK) studio.
Fireproof Games are best known for the critically acclaimed game series The Room, with the most recent game in the series entering the realm of Virtual Reality. They will be building upon those VR foundations for their next game - an ambitious new title for both PC and console platforms.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a skilled designer looking to showcase and hone their craft at a small studio filled with veteran game developers eager to collaborate and share knowledge.
- Design and develop unique puzzle ideas and engaging player interactions.
- Prototype and implement game logic, mechanics and systems.
- Advise designers on the best way to implement features.
- Ensure all visual scripts are neat and maintainable.
- Work with the programming and design teams to refine the design tools.
What you'll need
- Experience with visual scripting.
- Excellent communication skills.
- The ability to approach a problem from a player’s point of view and build interactions that work intuitively.
- The ability to adapt and iterate your work based on feedback.
- Optional: Some experience with scripting in C# or similar, or a desire to learn.
- Optional: Experience with 3D modelling software.
Fireproof Games is an equal opportunities employer hoping to attract applications from diverse backgrounds. Recruitment selection is based on objective, job-related criteria. Candidates will be chosen on their merits and abilities without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.