VFX Artist - Fireproof Games
- Job Type:
We’re looking for an experienced VFX Artist to join Fireproof at their Guildford (UK) studio.
Fireproof Games are best known for the critically acclaimed game series The Room, with the most recent game in the series entering the realm of Virtual Reality. They will be building upon those VR foundations for their next game - an ambitious new title for both PC and console platforms.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a skilled VFX Artist looking to create believable, atmospheric VFX and develop their skills at a small studio filled with veteran game developers eager to collaborate and share knowledge.
- Understand creative briefs and ensure VFX support the artistic vision for the game
- Create VFX in Unity within game budget and performance limitations
- Iterate VFX from concept through to final
- Work collaboratively with design, art, animation & code to deliver stunning VFX
What you'll need
- VFX experience in games development, TV or Film production.
- Experience with node-based VFX creation tools an advantage.
- A good working knowledge of Unity, game development workflows, processes and tools.
- Thorough knowledge of content creation software (Maya, 3ds Max, Photoshop, etc).
- A solid understanding of timing, physics and motion when creating VFX.
- Creative problem-solving skills.
- Excellent visual communication skills.
- Able to work autonomously & with others.
- Able to take constructive feedback to iterate & improve VFX.
- Excellent eye for quality and detail.
Fireproof Games is an equal opportunities employer hoping to attract applications from diverse backgrounds. Recruitment selection is based on objective, job-related criteria. Candidates will be chosen on their merits and abilities without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.