Senior Technical Artist
- Job Type:
- Guildford, United Kingdom
Are you a tools programmer with an artistic eye?
A VFX artist with strong programming skills?
Do you want to partner with other great developers to make amazing games?
We are looking for a technical artist to work closely with the creative director and lead programmers of a world-renowned studio developing games enjoyed by millions of people worldwide.
- Setting up and maintaining the workflow of art production
- Deciding which art packages and tools the studio should use
- Investigating new techniques, and then going ahead and implementing them.
- Optimise the art to make sure that the digital files run efficiently, and that the designs keep high standards of visual quality
- You’ll act as the bridge between art and technical groups.
- You will help troubleshoot and provide solutions to visual effects related issues
- You will create high-quality real-time visual effects.
- You will master optimising effects for performance while retaining visual quality
You will join a renowned studio working on exciting and innovative video games every day. The studio has a strong company culture, where employees are encouraged to have an excellent work-life balance. They truly want to support their team to become the best professionals they can be, whatever their department.
- UE4 experience
- Python Experience
- C++ Experience
- Experience with Houdini or other real-time particle systems
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- Experience creating VFX and PFX in video games
- Bachelor’s degree in art, design, technical discipline or other relevant training;
- Experience in the video game industry is essential. Interested? Apply now! Via the form below!